Wed Oct 9, 2019
Author: RV News Staff
Do employee incentives work for engaging and motivating workers?
That is the subject of an upcoming webinar hosted by the Mike Molino RV Learning Center and its strategic partner KPA.
The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 15, at 2:00 p.m. eastern.
Offered at no charge, the webinar is called Using Incentives to Engage and Motivate Your Workers (Compliantly), and it examines what motivates people when it comes to work and participation and the elements of a successful incentive program.
From a compliance perspective, the webinar will cover what constitutes employee engagement, six effective practices for incentivizing safety, OSHA’s position on incentive programs, and proven ways to avoid the risks of underreporting.
After attending the webinar, attendees will be able to:
• Define employee engagement and identify motivation factors
• Apply OSHA’s position on incentive programs to ensure that their programs are compliant
• Identify ways to determine if underreporting is present in their workplace
• Identify the factors that define successful incentive programs and the accompanying performance results
• Recognize leading and lagging indicators and identify the appropriate uses of each
• Apply six essential best practices for incentivizing safety in their organization
RV dealership managers should know that in October 2018, OSHA clarified its position on incentive programs.
In its published memo, OSHA stated that rate-based incentive programs are now permissible. This represents a shift away from the agency’s earlier position, with the caveat that the incentive program is not implemented in a way that discourages reporting.
Registration for with the webinar provider service here.
Webinar materials will be available for those who cannot attend the live event.
KPA is an RVDA-endorsed provider of EHS and HR management software and consulting services at a discounted rate to RVDA members. KPA also offers an array of educational materials and services to RV dealers through the RV Learning Center.
The non-profit Mike Molino RV Learning Center provides professional development and educational resources to dealers including publications, certification programs and online learning.
Additional information about the RV Learning Center are available here.