Fri Nov 8, 2019
Author: RV News Staff
Protective Asset Protection, a provider of F&I programs and services, announces new enhancements for its XtraRide RV Service Contract Program. These enhancements represent improvements that strengthen Protective’s service contract program for the RV industry, including updates to coverage, eligibility, rates, terms and program collateral. RV dealers began selling the new program November 1, 2019 in all states except Washington.
Key product enhancements include:
• Coach level of coverage added for motor homes.
• New optional coverage for portable refrigerators and generators.
• Platinum level coverage option for utility/cargo trailers.
• Elimination of an age limit for the tow vehicle or vehicle in tow under towing and roadside coverage.
• Sign and Drive for tire and wheel coverage now available (the previous coverage was reimbursement only).
• Increased Optional Enhanced Service Call Coverage.
• Increased reimbursement amounts on several additional benefits.
• Increased eligibility to 14 model years.
XtraRide service contracts are vital to keeping RVs in good condition and ready for their next trip no matter whether the trip is across the city or cross country. An estimated three out of ten RVs have a major breakdown by the second year in operation, and eight out of ten by their fifth year.
For RV dealers, these enhancements will help gain additional trust and higher customer satisfaction levels from clients who wish to protect their new investment from expensive repairs and costly breakdowns.
“Today’s RVs are built with some of the most advanced and sophisticated parts and technology, and it is imperative to keep things in proper operating condition for recreational use,” Vice President, Specialty Products and Training Bill Koster says. “With this is mind, Protective is proud to enable its dealers to offer enhancements to the RV XtraRide service contract program so that customers have peace of mind knowing their RV is protected against the costs of unexpected mechanical breakdowns.”
Additional enhancements are included for eligibility requirements and terms. Modified marketing and training materials are also available for dealers.
For more information about Protective Asset Protection products, click here.