The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Thu Aug 4, 2016
The RVAA Executive Conference in Chicago is coming together, scheduled to begin Aug. 17. The conference has strong registration numbers and a program that features the following:
•A keynote Speaker who specializes in evolving markets
•The awards luncheon to honor this year's top companies, products and the Jim Barker Award winner
•Two networking receptions to catch up with old friends and make new contacts
•Three days of private, face-to-face meetings to talk business, solve problems and strengthen relationships
Also on the schedule are the Member Segment breakfast sessions on Wednesday morning (Aug. 17). This is an opportunity to meet and mingle with colleagues from your membership category (Distributor, Supplier/Service or Agent), while also fueling up to start the day.
During each breakfast session, the members will be asked to complete a brief survey. To help prepare, the survey questions you'll see in Chicago are listed below.
1) What is your company's RVAA membership category?
2) How many people are on your team answering these questions today?
3) Training and being well-trained is an important aspect of running any business. Which of the following training areas do you feel is the most important for your company?
4) Internet sales and etailers are continuing to erode sales from the "brick-and-mortar" RV dealership. Please give us some ideas for how RVAA can do more to support these dealers.
5) Currently, the RVAA Executive Conference is held during the month of August. Please discuss with your team and let us know the best month/time of year for future Executive Conferences, based on your own company's needs.
6) What services, not currently provided by RVAA, would be important to your company?
7) Is there an issue or subject you would like to see covered in future RVAA surveys?