The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Sep 28, 2016
Reston, Virginia - The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association has announced major changes to the upcoming National RV Trade Show being held in Louisville, Kentucky from Nov. 28 – Dec. 1. With a significant investment, the show will unveil exciting new elements to go along with popular tried-and-true features to benefit all attendees.
The Outlook 2017 program, a long-standing successful show opener, will feature Captain “Sully” Sullenberger delivering the keynote address. While he is best known for serving as captain during what has been called the “Miracle on the Hudson,” Sullenberger is an aviation safety expert and accident investigator, serves as CBS News Aviation and Safety Expert, and is the founder and chief executive officer of Safety Reliability Methods, Inc. a company dedicated to management, safety, performance and reliability consulting. His keynote presentation is sure to be an inspiring, motivating program that attendees won’t want to miss, according to a press release. Outlook 2017 is slated for Tuesday, Nov. 29 with doors opening at 7 a.m., the program starting at 7:30 a.m., so attendees are reminded to book plans accordingly.
In addition, the National RV Trade Show will debut newly-added show floor features this year to help engage attendees in a more “experiential’ and immersive way that highlights new products, new programs, as well as engaging education to keep buyers on the show floor. These areas include:
• Lookout Point – a virtual reality tour emerging attendees into the community that is RVing. You’ll get a chance to review user profiles, learn what makes them tick. Experience “sneak peeks”; understand technology and much more.
• Material ConneXion – an interactive display area from the world leader in material innovation. As trusted advisors to Fortune 500 companies, this is your chance to see the products of tomorrow designed through smart materials and design.
• The Campfire – attendees will get a chance to participate in live story-telling and short industry presentations from experts. Listen, learn and kick-back in this newly created education-meets-lounge area on the show floor.
• The Patio – Charge your devices, network, participate in some Trivial Pursuit and hang out with your peers.
• JumboTron & Selfies – Have some fun capturing those social media moments.
• Go RVing Activation Area – cool, hip, interactive.
Educational opportunities also are on the docket with the first ever Monday sessions running concurrently with insights for dealers, campground operators, manufacturers and suppliers. Also, don’t miss the must-see keynote for the day from brand visionary and marketing guru Ken Schmidt, the legendary former director of communications strategy for Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
Also, the show features new educational sessions throughout the week with informative topics such as asset protection, online/social media, current trends in legislation and more. In addition, come for Power talks presented by industry authorities on new materials, consumer trends, advocacy and more. Plus dealers will not want to miss out on sending their tech crews for Tech Academy, and their sales crews for Sales & Customer Service Instruction.
“We are really excited for this line up of special features and education”, RVIA Senior Vice President of Tradeshows and Events Liz Crawford says. “The show team has been hard at work lining up a re-invigorated trade show and experience for the 2016 installment. The investment by RVIA and the continued support of the industry is helping fuel what promises to be the best show on record. In fact, pre-registration is up over last year, and exhibitor participation is looking to outpace previous years as well.”
Exhibitors interested in sponsorship opportunities should contact RVIA Sponsorship Sales Team at 703-594-6065 or RVIA@paisales.com. To register to attend, go to RVIAshow.org or call 508-743-9618.