The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Nov 18, 2016
RVIA, in partnership with the Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau (LCVB) and the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC), have announced exciting new opportunities for attendees in the buying categories to win great prizes, while conducting business at the National RV Trade Show.
The grand prize of a Kentucky Derby Package will be given away by the city of Louisville to one lucky buyer on Thursday, Dec. 1 at 12:00 p.m. on the show floor. The winner must be present to win. The prize package includes:
• Two tickets to the 2017 Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 6 at Churchill Downs
• Three-night hotel stay at the Crowne Plaza Louisville May 4–7, 2017
• $500 voucher toward travel
• $100 Louisville Originals gift card
• Two Complimentary “The Main Ticket” passes providing admission to six major attractions on Museum Row, including Muhammad Ali Center; Louisville Slugger Museum; Frazier History Museum; Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft; Kentucky Science Center; and Evan Williams Bourbon Experience
In addition to the prize drawings, other exciting events on the docket for the National RV Trade Show include:
• Happy Hour on the show floor on Tuesday, Nov. 29 from 4:30 – 6 p.m. with complimentary appetizers plus bourbon and brew tastings. The event is sponsored by Dometic and will feature:
• The official bugler for Churchill Downs and Keeneland providing a Call to the Post to open the show. The bugler will remain for the duration of the Happy Hour for photo ops with attendees.
• The LCVB, KEC and Levy hosting the experience area, “Lookout Point,” in the West Wing.
• Brand ambassadors for area distilleries and breweries providing complimentary bourbon and brew tastings along with branded giveaways. Distilleries include: Alltech, Jim Beam, Woodford Reserve and Ballotin Whiskey. Breweries include: Alltech, Goodwood, West Sixth Brewing and Braxton Brewing Company. All are local to Kentucky and the area.
• RVIA’s Downtown Industry Event on Wednesday, Nov. 30 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at Fourth Street Live! featuring:
• The Louisville Crashers party band
• A Money Machine with $3,000 in real money
• The following special offers from Fourth Street Live! businesses during the party and throughout the duration of the show (Simply show your badge or bring your ticket from your badge.)
• Birracibo - $3 Bud/Bud Light
• Bourbon Raw - $3 Bud/Bud Light
• Brazeiros Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse - $3 Bud/Bud Light
• Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - $3 Pint
• Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse - $3 Bud/Bud Light
• Howl at the Moon - $3 Miller/Coors Light
• Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse - 50 percent Off Engraving
• Tavern on Fourth - $3 Bud/Bud Light
• The Sports and Social Club - $3 Bud/Bud Light
“We’re excited to bring some fun back to the National RV Trade Show,” RVIA Senior Vice President of Trade Shows and Events Liz Crawford says. “During the day it’s all about the business being conducted and the deals being done, but there is no better way to enjoy the evenings than with key networking events hosted by our RV community.”
For registration and show information, visit www.rviashow.org.
The RVIA National Show is the leading B2B trade event for the manufacturers, dealers, suppliers and ancillary businesses allied to the field. Now in its 54th year, the National Show is the only event of its kind in the U.S.