The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Tue Nov 22, 2016
Mark Klein, regional director for the Export-Import Bank of the United States, will present a two-part seminar on RV exporting on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at RVIA’s National RV Trade Show.
The sessions will take place in Room B105 of the KEC. The first on “Why Exporting Matters to the RV Industry” takes place at 10 a.m. The second covers “Creative Ways to Finance Your RV Exports” from 10:45 - 11:30 a.m. Topics to be covered include:
• What is ECA financing? What is the EXIM Bank?
• How can I export “fearlessly?”
• Can I arrange financing for my foreign buyer?
• What if I need working capital to grow my exports?
As a regional director with the Export-Import Bank, Klein is a member of the Central Regional Office team based in Chicago. His primary focus is the Kentucky, Ohio, Missouri and Kansas markets but also works with companies located throughout the 19-state territory of the Central Regional Office to assist U.S. exporters to increase their export sales and sustain/create U.S. jobs.
In addition, RVIA is offering the following Power Talks throughout the course of the show in the Campfire Lounge:
• “The Importance of Good Work Direction” presented by Jim McCann, Spader Business Management, on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 11 a.m.
• “Material Solutions” presented by Jennifer Coppola, Materials ConneXion, on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 4 p.m. and again on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 1 p.m.
• “RV’s Move America” presented by RVIA’s Chris Bornemann and Monika Geraci on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 2 p.m. and Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 12 p.m.
• “The New Camper” presented by KOA’s Lorne Armer on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 3 p.m. and Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 11 a.m.
• “Repetitive Profits After the Sale; Revenue Streams though the Service Bay” presented by Gary Bunzer, The RV DR, on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 2 p.m.
To get the most up-to-date information on the show, download the mobile app – search National RV Trade Show. Or visit www.rviashow.org.
The RVIA National Show is the leading B2B trade event for the manufacturers, dealers, suppliers and ancillary businesses allied to the field. Now in its 54th year, the National Show is the only event of its kind in the U.S.