The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Mon Dec 12, 2016
MotorHome magazine has announced it 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards for all things RV from the top Class A motorhomes all the way to the best dinghy tow bar. The awards are based on consumer comments about their favorites in all categories. The winners are:
• Class A Motorhome: gold, Tiffin Motorhomes; silver, Winnebago Industries; bronze, Newmar.
• Class B Motorhome: gold, Leisure Travel Vans; silver, Winnebago Industries; bronze, Roadtrek.
• Class C Motorhome: gold, Winnebago Industries; silver, Jayco; bronze, Thor Motor Coach.
• Dinghy Auxiliary Braking System: gold, SMI Manufacturing; silver, Roadmaster; bronze, RVibrake.
• Dinghy Vehicle: gold: Jeep Wrangler; silver, Jeep Cherokee; bronze, Honda CR-V.
• Fuel Additive: gold: Lucas Oil Products; silver, Gold Eagle Sta-Bil; bronze, Amsoil.
• Fuel Station: gold, Pilot Flying J; silver, Costco; bronze, Love’s Travel Stops.
• Holding-Tank Chemicals: gold, Thetford; silver, Happy Camper; bronze, Happy Camper.
• Motorhome Awning: gold, Carefree of Colorado; silver, Dometic; bronze, Girard Systems.
• Motorhome Chassis: gold, Freightliner Custom Chassis; silver, Ford; bronze: Spartan Chassis.
For a complete list, click on the link.
Additional Information: http://www.motorhome.com/top-stories/simply-the-best-2016-readers-choice-awards/