Industry Links

RVIA Economic Impact Study

The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.

Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .

Patrick Industries Capitalizing on RV Market

Mon Dec 19, 2016

145677893217453.pngAs more baby boomers retire, many are hitting the road in recreational vehicles.

Instead of buying vacation homes, more boomers opt to get their motor runnin', head out on the highway, look for some adventure and whatever comes their way. RVs may not be the two-wheeled excursions Steppenwolf had in mind when it recorded "Born To Be Wild," but it works for them.

That's good news for Patrick Industries, which supplies parts for RV builders and serves both the towable and motorized RV segments of the business.

Just take a look at the numbers. The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association predicts that RV shipments will rise 4.4 percent to 438,000 units in the U.S. in 2017. That's on top of 12 percent growth expected this year. About 87 percent of shipments in 2016 will be towable RVs, with motor homes making up the remaining 13 percent, the RVIA said.

Additional Information: http://www.investors.com/research/the-new-america/patrick-industries-hitches-its-trailer-to-speeding-rv-market/