The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Jan 4, 2017
SALT LAKE CITY — Goal Zero has announced the expansion of its Goal Zero Yeti Power Station ecosystem with the introduction of the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 3000 portable power station, the Goal Zero Yeti Fuel, and the next generation of its Boulder Solar Panels. These new products have been re-mastered and designed to bring true durability, convenience and intelligence to provide power for anything, anywhere.
Goal Zero’s mission is to help people power anything anywhere, from the outdoor adventurer to the everyday homeowner, according to a company press release. The new Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 3000 portable power station, Goal Zero Yeti Fuel and Boulder Solar Panels are part of this ground-breaking evolution to the next generation of power. The new Goal Zero Yeti ecosystem, together with powerful solar panels and the company’s first intelligent gasoline-powered generator provide consumers with versatility by giving them more ways to charge their power stations than ever before.
“Drawing from our expertise building portable power products, we are thrilled to take portable power to the next level with our new line-up,” Goal Zero General Manager Bill Harmon says. “We’ve integrated new award-winning designs, industry leading portability and state-of-the art power electronics and output to create the next generation of portable power.”
Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 3000 Portable Power Station
The Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 3000 is the newest model of Goal Zero’s Yeti Lithium line, which includes the 2017 CES Innovation Award honoree Yeti Lithium 1400. Engineered from the ground up, the Goal Zero Yeti Lithium 3000 is the most versatile and innovative portable power station on the market. Its built-in surge allowances and multistage protection means compatibility with more devices ranging from lights to refrigerators to saws, giving consumers confidence they will have power regardless of the situation or device.
Features from the Yeti Lithium 3000 include:
● Versatility. The Yeti’s use cases go beyond camping or emergency prep and can be used anywhere you are.
● Convenience. Because the Goal Zero Yeti doesn’t run on gasoline, it operates with zero fumes and zero noise, resulting in an easy-to-use, plug-and-play operation for power at the push of a button.
● Durability. With nearly no moving parts, the Goal Zero Yeti is virtually maintenance free for its entire lifespan. The internal battery is swappable at the end of its lifespan, a feature unique to Goal Zero’s Yeti Portable Power Stations.
Goal Zero Yeti Fuel
The Goal Zero Yeti Fuel is an intelligent gasoline-powered generator that works in conjunction with any version of Goal Zero’s Yeti Portable Power Stations, making it part of a larger ecosystem that gives consumers more versatility and ways to power anything, anywhere. When solar or a home power outlet isn’t an option, the Yeti Fuel steps in to recharge portable power stations quickly and efficiently.
Additional capabilities from the Goal Zero Yeti Fuel include:
● Intelligence. The Goal Zero Yeti Fuel’s built-in brains ensure that it runs only when the Yeti needs to be recharged and automatically shuts off as soon as its batteries achieve a sufficient charge.
● Efficiency. When solar recharging isn’t an option due to things like location or weather, a Goal Zero Yeti Fuel gives consumers an efficient way to quickly recharge their power stations. Since the output of the Goal Zero Yeti Fuel matches the input of the Boulder Solar Panels.
Boulder Solar Panels
The next generation of Boulder Solar panels has been re-engineered with improved ease of use at a much lower price point. These panels have been designed in all new sizes, the 50-watt, 100-watt and foldable 100-watt briefcase made of two 50-watt panels. These are monocrystalline panels made of tempered glass and a lightweight aluminum frame with integrated kickstands for greater convenience and angling to the sun and reinforced corner pieces for greater durability.
The Goal Zero Yeti 3000 Portable Power Station and Goal Zero Yeti Fuel will both be available in Q3, pricing to be determined. The Boulder 50, 100 and 100 Briefcase will be available in March 2017, for $149.99, $299.99 and $374.95 respectively.