The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Jan 25, 2017
The Michigan Association of Recreational Vehicles and Campgrounds will open the Battle Creek Camper & RV Show Jan. 26 at the Kellogg Arena east of M-66 in downtown Battle Creek.
The show will feature more than 50 units in more than 15 brands, including folding campers, motorhomes, toy haulers, travel trailers and fifth wheels. Exhibitors who will feature different parts and accessories also will be on the scene.
While at the show, attendees will be eligible to win a MARVAC Michigan Giveaway from one of eight participating campgrounds. Winners will be chosen at random after the show ends on Jan. 29.
The giveaways include the following:
- Camp Dearborn, Milford. Giveaway package includes two nights on a full hookup site.
- Camp Turkeyville RV Resort, Marshall. Giveaway package includes a one-night free stay.
- Covenant Hills Camp, Otisville. Giveaway package includes two nights of camping.
- Double R Ranch, Belding. Giveaway package includes one week of camping, one hour of horseback riding, two hours of river tubing, two and a half hours of canoeing
and nine holes of golf for four people.
- Indigo Bluffs RV Park and Resort, Empire. Giveaway package includes two nights of camping.
- Leisure Time Campground, Irons. Giveaway package includes a free weekend of camping.
- Oakland County Parks. Giveaway package includes two free waterpark admissions (Waterford Oaks Waterpark or Red Oaks Waterpark), one free round of golf (9 holes
at Glen Oaks, Red Oaks, Springfield Oaks or White Lake Oaks), small bucket of
balls at Lynn Oaks Golf Course, one all-day pass for Groveland Oaks Waterslide, one
round of miniature golf at Groveland Oaks, one night of camping (Addison Oaks or Groveland Oaks), one boat rental (Addison Oaks, Groveland Oaks or Independence
Oaks) and two day passes (Addison Oaks, Groveland Oaks, Independence Oaks, Lyon Oaks or Orion Oaks).
- Poncho's Pond RV Park, Ludington. Giveaway package includes a $50 gift certificate toward a visit.
Admission to the show is $7 per person ages 13-54. Ages 55 and over are $6 each and children 12 and under are free.
The show will run from Jan. 26-29. Thursday and Friday hours go from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday runs from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact Gretchen Monette at All Seasons Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 586-752-6381.