The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Mon Feb 6, 2017
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania – The Pennsylvania RV and Camping Association has announced Cequent Performance Products training is coming to Pennsylvania on Feb. 23. The training will be held at Stoltzfus RV and Marine in West Chester, Pennsylvania from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lunch will be provided. Training is free ($200 value) and open to PRVCA members only. The event qualifies for 8 recertification hours (certificates will be mailed after completion).
Instructor Mike Curl will be on-site to review the following information:
Reese, Tekonsha and Bulldog – Product features and technical training seminar for Technicians, Service, Parts & Sales Staff – Approved for RVDA-RVIA – RV Service Technician Recertification Program
• Online e-learning and videos for training and education
• Short Bed Truck Solutions – Reese Sidewinder/Revolution Training
• Review of Sidewinder features and installation video
• RAM Trucks with Cargo Boxes Reese Sidewinder Solution (Tech Bulletin review)
• Reese Revolution Wedge installation video
• Reese Goose Box review of features and installation video
• Reese Weight Distribution
• Review of Reese SC install on bottom coupler and installation video
• Review of Reese Steadi-Flex Install
• Reese Fifth Wheel Hitches and Rail Kits
• Updated line of Reese, Draw-Tite and Pro Series fifth wheel hitches
• Review of New 30153 fifth wheel rails & Outboard custom install brackets installation video and hands-on demonstration
• Ford F150 Aluminum Bed Isolators for new Ford Pick-up trucks with Aluminum beds
• Ram 30156 Elite fifth wheel adapter kit
• 2013-2016 Ram 2500/3500 fifth wheel hitch solutions including review of MOPAR Installation of under bed fifth wheel and gooseneck system.
• 2016 Nissan Titan Fifth Wheel and Gooseneck Factory options
• Tekonsha ZCI “Snap, Don’t Snip” powered trailer light module features and installation review
• Using the Tekonsha ZCI “Snap, Don’t Snip” powered trailer light module to install a 7-way RV car end connector
• Tekonsha Prodigy RF features and pairing demonstration
• A review and demonstration of Reese Timed Brake Controls and Tekonsha Proportional Brake control including installation and set-up tips
• Installation review of the Bulldog Dual Landing Gear and Powered A-Frame Jack
• Use of Tekonsha Testers to evaluate/troubleshoot brake control and lighting wiring issues between truck and trailer.
Call 888-303-2887 for more information.
Training not in your area? Don’t worry, PRVCA is lining up training in all areas of Pennsylvania. More opportunities will be coming soon.