The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Mar 1, 2017
Fairfax, Virginia - Applications are now available for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center’s Scholarship Program. Deserving college undergraduates majoring in business, finance, economics, accounting or other RV industry-related subjects are eligible to apply for the $2,500 award for the 2017-2018 school year. The deadline to apply is June 30.
Dealers are able to offer this opportunity to their team specifically because of their employment in the RV industry. Therefore, a factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV business after completing post-secondary education.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available through the RV Learning Center so dealers can display them in the workplace to alert employees to the opportunity. Dealer principals, their family and dependents, are not eligible.
• Attend an accredited four-year college or university and be a rising sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
• Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form which is available from guidance counselors or for download at no charge from the U.S. Department of Education at http://fafsa.ed.gov.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
All materials noted above must be received by the Learning Center no later than June 30.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund Family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores — the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves on The RV Learning Center Board of Directors. The Kindlund Family has fully funded the $270,000 Foundation scholarship endowment.
For more information on the RV Learning Center, go to www.rvlearningcenter.com, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to (703) 359-0152. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.