The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Mar 24, 2017
The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association has named new staff members over the past six months throughout multiple departments as a reorganization initiative.
The RVIA Today Express announced the new hires, which include the following:
• Matthew Hummel as research analyst in the membership department
• Sarah Neely as senior manager of communications and marketing in the membership department
• Calvin Grant, Jr. as administrative assistant
• Marcy Marsh as government affairs administrative assistant
• Beverly Whitley as events administrative assistant
• Wayne Atkins as director of finance
• Susan Everhart as payroll and HR specialist
• Samantha Rocci as government affairs analyst
• Tammy Marko as IT director
• Oliver Keultjes as inspector on the standards team
• John Proteau as director of inspection services
RVIA also has plans to bring in four more employees over the next couple of months. They will fill the positions of membership specialist, government affairs manager, events direcdtor and attorney.