The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Mon Jun 5, 2017
The Pennsylvania Recreation Vehicle and Campground Association is hosting the RV Ranges and Cooktops course, beginning June 26.
The second of the four LP appliances, the RV range is broken down into its two main components, the stove and oven and each delineated further. Thermostat operation as well as flame structure is analyzed and studied. As with all LP appliances, safety precautions are continually emphasized. The importance of air to fuel ratios, applicable to all LP appliances, are identified and exemplified during this course. After successful completion of this course the student will effectively be able to:
• Identify and interpret data plate information
• Identify the types of ranges and cooktops
• Explain range and cooktop installation requirements
• Identify the types of ignition devices used in ranges and cooktops
• Explain cooktop operation
• Explain oven operation
• Identify range and cooktop component parts and explain their usage
• Identify proper propane pressure and explain its importance
• Demonstrate how to check for propane leaks
• Identify safety considerations associated with ranges and cooktops
• Explain how to adjust air-fuel mixtures
• Troubleshoot ranges and cooktops and identify causes of failures
• Identify codes and standards
The cost is $280 per student.
To register for the courses, visit https://lifelearn.northampton.edu/modules/. Click on "View Catalog" under "Center for Business and Industry (CBI). Then select "Technical and Trades." Search for the course and follow registration procedures. Call 610-861-5390 if you have any problems.