The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Tue Jul 18, 2017
INDIANAPOLIS - Freightliner Custom Chassis Corp. showcased its industry-leading, consumer-focused suite of technological and safety features at the 96th International Convention and RV Expo of Family Motor Coach Association last week in Indianapolis.
The SL605 chassis FCCC showed in its booth (No. 2014) demonstrating many of the innovative features that continue to make it a favorite chassis for many motorhomes on the market. Some innovative SL605 chassis features include:
• Cummins ISX15 engine offering sleek, quiet functionality, powerful acceleration and excellent towing capacity
• UltraSteer fully integrated and precision-tuned tag axle
• V-Ride rear suspension system, the first-ever single-axle suspension rated to 24,000 pounds
• ZF independent front suspension provides automotive-like feel and maneuverability
• OptiView, the first LCD instrument cluster in the RV industry with design influenced by Mercedes-Benz
• RoadWatch, the culmination of FCCC’s state-of-the-art safety systems, including stability control, adaptive cruise and collision mitigation
“At FCCC, we know that the chassis defines the entire ownership experience,” FCCC RV Product Manager Gordie Taylor says. "By providing an unparalleled combination of ride and handling, industry-leading customer support, Daimler expertise and heritage, and ongoing owner support, we continue to provide the most comprehensive experience in the industry.”
FCCC is also utilizing FMCA to launch a new site dedicated to detailing how its industry-leading, innovative features, systems and service support efforts come together to provide the 5-Star Customer Experience. The site can be found by following this link.