The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Thu Jul 27, 2017
Troy, Mich. - Horizon Global has announced that it is nearing completion on a new, state-of-the-art distribution facility in Edgerton, Kansas.
The new Edgerton, Kansas facility will be the main hub for the company’s Horizon Global Americas Division. The Edgerton location will consolidate distribution into a more centrally located and larger facility, while simultaneously upgrading operations through automation and technology. The Edgerton facility is part of the company’s larger distribution strategy and will be supported by strategically placed regional distribution facilities throughout the United States, according to a press release.
Horizon Global had been conducting a freight management and distribution study for some time and has selected Edgerton as an ideal location for the center of its distribution operations. When the Edgerton facility begins shipping to Horizon Global customers by the end of the year, it will provide improved delivery time and service levels for Horizon Global customers, while also providing savings to the company and a more efficient distribution platform.
• Horizon Global’s new Edgerton, Kansas distribution facility will be more than 512,000 square feet and will feature an Automatic Stock Retrieval System for the top 1,000 SKUs.
• The new facility will be outfitted with state-of-the-art technology that will increase productivity and throughput speed for all customer orders.
• The new facility will provide savings in transportation, inventory and productivity while providing Horizon Global with a much larger facility that will be suited to handle future growth of the North American business.
• South Bend, Indiana and Dallas, Texas locations will become part of the company’s network of smaller, regional facilities that will support the main Edgerton facility.
• Edgerton is ideal in terms of the geographic location, available freight transportation options, talented workforce and quality of life choices for Horizon Global employees, as well as natural extension of the company’s existing Midwest and North American footprints.
• Horizon Global Americas and its brands have enjoyed a long-standing and rewarding relationships with the cities of South Bend and Dallas as it relates to the outstanding workforce and supportive agencies, and the company looks forward to maintaining a regional presence in both locations, according to a press release.