The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Aug 18, 2017
Highland Ridge RV will be launching a completely updated and re-tooled product line-up at the Industry’s Open House, Sept. 18-21 at the RV Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana. Highland Ridge currently offers models under the Open Range, Mesa Ridge, and Highlander brand names. Here are just a few of the many changes for the 2018 model line-up:
• Open Range Ultra-Lite Travel Trailer- The Industry’s ‘exclusive’ ultra-lite travel trailer utilizing a residential A/C System; redesigned furniture which includes heat, LED lighting and massage features; upgraded exterior graphics and coloring; several new innovative floorplans
• Ultra-Lite Fifth Wheels- Highland Ridge’s first true ‘Ultra-Lite’ fifth wheel line-up including several floorplans to MSRP under $40,000
• Open Range ‘Light’ series- Completely overhauled platform with MSRPs decreasing by $7,500, depending on floorplan; solid-surface counters; residential A/C system; frameless windows; hardwood cabinetry; glass shower enclosures; completely upgraded exterior graphics and front fiberglass cap
• Mesa Ridge Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel- Top-to-bottom exterior overhaul, including graphics and paint; Ultra-Lite travel trailer floorplan additions -including several interior and exterior upgrades; several new fifth wheel floorplan additions
• Open Range Travel Trailer & Fifth Wheel- Complete new fifth wheel structure/platform increasing both ceiling and slide-room heights to over 7 feet in most floorplans; several new ‘Industry First’ interior and exterior additions on display
• Open Range 3X- Exterior graphic and paint upgrades, with the addition of several new innovative floorplans- which Randy Graber and his team are known for
• Highlander Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel- The Highlander toy hauler has been completely re-tooled, including two new floorplans and a price nearly $15,000 less than the first Highlander models
“Our entire team at Highland Ridge has been working overtime to bring these new and innovative products to life,” says Marc Hauser, the vice president of sales and product development for Jayco's towable divisions. “From Operations, to Engineering, to Purchasing, to the guys and gals working their tails off in the plants to make this happen, I could not be more excited and proud of this group. This product line-up is exceptional and it will truly highlight the hard work this team has been putting in to bring these products to our Dealers in September. We will have our full line-up on display, and I am very confident that we are going to impress.”
The Highland Ridge display will be located next to the ‘Jayco Family’ of companies at the Elkhart RV Hall of Fame; Highland Ridge RV, Starcraft RV, Entegra Coach and Jayco will be showing their products to the Industry in the ‘gauntlet’ area located on the drive into the Hall of Fame. The display will be open to dealers starting Monday, Sept. 18 and there will be Highland Ridge sales staff on-site to walk through the new products, as well as answer any questions for current or prospective dealers.