The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Aug 25, 2017
The countdown is on for Go RVing’s 20th birthday. To celebrate, the association is giving away up to 20 prizes each week to those who correctly answer the question published on RVIA’s Facebook page every Wednesday. Prizes have included Go RVing wine coolers, tripod seats, mugs, lunch coolers, t-shirts, tote bags and thermoses.
Go RVing has been important for the growth of the industry and the numbers don’t lie: 50.6 billion impressions over the past two decades. If this year's projections are correct, the RV industry will have grown more than 90 percent since the inception of the Go RVing program in 1997 when 250,000 units were being shipped to 479,700 units in 2017.
From its beginnings to now, Go RVing has evolved. Themes have changed from “Wherever You Go, You’re Always at Home,” to the current tagline, “Find Your Away,” and marketing efforts have become more multi-faceted incorporating digital, social and event-driven elements. What’s stayed the same: the collaboration.
In celebration of this milestone achievement, the contest will be renewed every Wednesday for trivia questions. Also, the previous questions posted over the past seven weeks will all be available at the website. Submit your answers to the current week’s questions to email@example.com.
Here’s How to Win:
1. Like GoRVing on Facebook at @RVIndustryAssociationShow
2. Check in every Wednesday to view the current week’s trivia question
3. Email the correct answer to that week’s trivia question to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Monday of the following week
4. Include in your email: the correct answer, the name of your employer and mailing address
5. Winners will be selected every Tuesday
6. Submit only one entry per person, per week
7. Participants must be an employee of either an RVIA or RVDA member company
The official rules can be viewed here.