The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Aug 30, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas — Regency RV, the motorhome division of the Wayne Davis Auto Group Company, has announced it has integrated the optional Warm Waves radiant, in-floor heating systems into its 2018 luxury Regency Xalta type B motorhomes built on the 3500 Series Mercedes-Benz Sprinter platform.
The Warm Waves radiant heating system is a heat film that provides an energy-efficient, high-quality heating solution for RVs that is designed to be safer than LP gas or conventional ducted heat. Warm waves radiant heating system costs 31 to 63 percent less to operate than traditional heating methods and is healthier for RVs because there are no harmful fumes and no ducted air vents to move dust particles, according to a press release.
“We are always looking at ways to improve our Regency motorhomes for our customers,” Regency RV National Director Dymon Farrer says. “When our engineers came across the Warm Waves systems, we knew it was perfect for our ultra-luxury Xalta coaches. The Xalta is already an all-electric motorhome, super-insulated for Texas extremes and equipped with its own generator system. So it was the perfect choice to move away from ducted heating systems.”
Advantages to the Warm Waves System in the Regency Xalta Motorhome
• Easily installed under any type of flooring
• Warm Waves is completely ductless and dust free
• Provides completely zoned heat
• Maintenance-free – no moving parts
• Infrared heating technology is highly efficient and effective. It does not waste energy heating ducted air
• Warms the floor for comfort and all objects in the room – including people
• Infrared heat rays distribute heat safely and evenly
• Warm Waves provides a healthier breathing atmosphere pushing no dust, fumes or pollutants
• Installed under flooring and completely concealed—no valuable space wasted in the coach
• No hot surfaces to harm children or pets
• Dramatically reduces wasted power. It allows for lower thermostat settings
• Ceiling height does not affect the heating performance
• Infrared rays naturally and safely prevent bacteria growth as well as eliminate mold and odors
• Conventional heating systems on average lose between 25 and 40 percent of their efficiency in the duct work