The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Sep 13, 2017
HERSHEY, Penn. – Thor Motor Coach is showcasing new type A luxury diesel pushers, Gas type A and type C motorhomes at America’s Largest RV Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Gates open to the public Wednesday, Sept. 13 through Sunday, Sept. 17. The selection is never-ending from North America’s largest brand manufacturer of motorhomes.
• The Palazzo 37.4 makes its public debut this week. The new triple slideout model is well-furnished with reclining theater seats, Dream Dinette booth and sofa bed, and provides seat belts for eight passengers. In the rear bedroom, the new Tilt-A-View inclining king bed provides a place to read or extra comfort while sleeping.
• Challenger is showcasing a new floor plan 37FH. This triple slide-out, including a full-wall, features a bath-and-a-half design with a large master bedroom with the new Tilt-A-View inclining king bed. Controlling the living space is easy with the new multiplex wiring control system which operates the slideouts, thermostat, lights and even the drop-down overhead bunk. An electric induction cooktop and convection microwave oven is now standard in the kitchen.
• The Synergy Sprinter JR24 is a new floor plan just released in July and offers new RV technology on the Mercedes-Benz diesel chassis. The optional Summit Package features the Winegard ConnecT 4G, multiplex wiring control system, Mobileye lane assist and 8-inch touchscreen dash radio with Bluetooth, navigation, Sirius XM tuner and antenna.
• Quantum continues its impressive line-up with the new RC25. It’s the second Quantum to offer a full-wall slideout and swivel captain’s chairs. Focusing on energy efficiency, the RC25 features an instant tankless water heater and is pre-wired for solar charging.
• Demand for short but spacious type A motorhomes is on the rise and the Hurricane 27B answers the call. The 27B is built on a strong MORryde chassis structure and is less than 30 feet in length. It has it all and a little more, from large water tanks to beautiful interior décor packages to pre-wiring for solar charging.
• The Gemini 24TF is another debut that must be seen in person. Built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis, it features a full-wall slideout that provides generous living space as well as a completely redesigned interior with modern decors and sleek euro-style cabinetry.
All brands including ACE, Aria, Axis, Challenger, Chateau, Citation, Compass, Four Winds, Gemini, Hurricane, Miramar, Outlaw, Palazzo, Quantum, Siesta, Synergy, Tuscany, Vegas, Venetian and Windsport have something new to offer during Hershey. Find a motorhome Made to Fit at Booth E4. For more details on the show, visit