The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Oct 13, 2017
JACKSON CENTER, Ohio – Airstream has announced the brand's newest design-forward production model – the Airstream Globetrotter, which will be launched during Adobe MAX, The Creativity Conference on Oct. 18.
The Airstream Globetrotter is the product of an international collaboration with Astheimer Limited, a renowned UK-based design studio. The interior of this new offering presents a modern, refined look that celebrates minimalism with supple curves and symmetry.
"Nearly 70 years ago, our founder Wally Byam and his lifelong friend, Cornelius Vanderbilt, painted the words 'Globe Trotters' on the side of their Airstream and set out on a European adventure," Airstream President and CEO Bob Wheeler says. “We created the Globetrotter to capture the spirit of Wally's wanderlust, Neil's fondness for Europe, and their mutual love of modern design. The end result is a travel trailer that blends the classic Airstream look with a style that truly sets it apart."
The Globetrotter's interior features a layer of contemporary sophistication with premium finishes and fixtures, including aluminum walls, panoramic windows, a curved headboard and cabinets, wrap-around upholstery, recessed speakers and backlighting throughout. The Globetrotter will be available in four interior décor choices based on the dark walnut and natural elm themes.
The Globetrotter has a host of design-centric features including:
• Tuft & Needle adaptive foam mattress, low-profile nightstands, unique contemporary accent wall and a curved wrap-around headboard
• Hand-crafted Italian lite-ply laminated interior cabinetry
• Franke high-rise faucet and Moen oversized rectangular stainless-steel sink under-mounted to a Corian countertop
• New overhead storage locker design with radius slim-fit doors and backlit interiors
• Power awning and window awning package with premium Sunbrella fabrics (optional)
• Polk audio system with recessed speakers
• Infinity Luxury Woven Vinyl flooring
• Globetrotter Essentials accessory kit with Oceanair bedding
The 27-foot Globetrotter is priced at $99,900 MSRP. Airstream dealers nationwide started receiving inventory in early October, so consumers can see them when visiting their nearest authorized Airstream dealer.
For more information about The Globetrotter and other products in Airstream's lineup, visit www.airstream.com.