The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Thu Nov 16, 2017
Broomfield, Colo.—The latest in Carefree of Colorado’s vertical arm power awning lineup is the Carefree Altitude. This 12-volt RV awning has an arm length of just 54 inches, so manufacturers have more flexibility when it comes to the installation location especially on goosenecks, fifth-wheels or baggage door clearance.
The Altitude helps OEMs to differentiate their RVs through an outdoor living experience with exclusive benefits available only from Carefree of Colorado, such as:
1) “Carefree Connects”- the newest patented innovation from the awning authority providing a variety of plug-and-play OEM and Aftermarket awning accessories such as outdoor speakers positioned for optimal sound performance, USB charge ports and many more accessories that enhance the camping experience.
2) “Halo Control” – a signature orange, LED illuminated control switch allowing “Carefree One-Touch” operation directly on the awning arm.
3) “Carefree One-Touch” – simplifies awning operation with a single touch to extend/retract the awning without having to press and hold the switch.
4) “Memory-Pitch” making pitch adjustment quick and simple when the awning is either open or closed, while “memorizing” the previous awning pitch position.
5) “Carefree Motion” – a motion sensing accelerometer that automatically retracts the awning during sustained windy conditions.
Additionally, the Altitude is loaded with the latest technological features including operation through the Bluetooth enabled smart phone app that allows the RVer to extend, retract, turn of/on or dim the LED light and adjust Carefree Motion’s sensitivity to wind.
Altitude has been developed to provide OEMs an easy to install, contemporary patio awning that fits the lifestyles and tastes of today’s younger, more tech savvy, on-the-go RV buyers. It follows Carefree’s automotive styling and is designed to complement the RV sidewall rather than clutter it.
Carefree of Colorado was established in 1971 after introducing the first automatic roll-up awning for RVs. Since then, the company’s focus has been on the design, development and innovation of RV awnings and related accessories. Carefree has had millions of awnings installed worldwide on every type of RV.
For more information, visit Carefree of Colorado’s booth No. 118 at RVIA’s National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Kentucky from Nov. 28-30 for a demonstration.