The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Thu Jan 18, 2018
The Pennsylvania RV and Camping Association’s online RV Water Heater course begins Monday, Jan. 22 and runs through Feb. 18, 2018, according to an association press release. The online program, which is run by Northampton Community College and the PRVCA, allows students to gain an in-depth understanding of recreation vehicle maintenance with intensive, competency-based instruction.
Students simply log on to access the lecture notes, hands-on assignments, quizzes and chat with the instructor and other students. The program gives students the flexibility to complete the course from the comfort of their home or dealership without having the expense of traveling to a training facility.
The program is approved by RVIA and qualifies for recertification hours. Cost for the program is $280, and the textbook $25.95, though PRVCA will give employees of its member a50 percent reimbursement on tuition and textbooks. The course counts for 28 recertification hours.
To register, please go on-line to: https://lifelearn.northampton.edu/modules/
• Click on View Catalog under Center for Business and Industry (CBI).
• Click on Technical and Trades.
• Search for course -- The RV Water Heater Course (RVTNC108.50) and follow registration procedure.
• Please call 610-861-5390 if you have problems with registration.
Students receive a certificate of completion successful completion of the course. The program is designed for RV maintenance and sales personnel, service managers, factory field technicians, service representatives, inspectors and those seeking a new, hands-on career in a growing industry.
Those who complete the entire program will earn a Specialized Diploma from Northampton Community College. Students not wishing to obtain the Specialized Diploma may also enroll in individual courses as desired. Those who earn the Specialized Diploma will be prepared to test for the RV Service Technician or a Master Certified RV Service Technician with the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA).
Identifying the various types of RV water heaters and their individual components moves quickly into the proper installation procedures. Operational problems are then dissected and repair procedures are studied to perfection. After successful completion of this course the student will effectively be able to:
• Identify the different water heater types.
• Explain the theory of operation and combustion.
• Obtain model specifications.
• Identify the advantage of a heat exchange and verify flow.
• Identify special tools and their use.
• Identify related terminology.
• Identify components and their functions.
• Diagnose common operational problems and determine causes.
• Repair and/or replace faulty components.
• Determine interchangeability of models.
• Install water connection
• Determine AC and DC electrical requirements and connect.
• Determine LP requirements and connect.
• Verify proper operation.
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures.
• Identify and apply codes and standards
To purchase the textbook required for the course ($25.95 – includes shipping), contact email@example.com or call 888-303-2887. The courses materials are supported by RVIA and feature competency-based instruction, assignments and testing.
Other upcoming courses include:
RV Plumbing Systems: March 5 – April 8, 2018
RV Absorption Refrigeration: March 19 – April 15, 2018
RV Air Conditioning: April 9 – May 6, 2018
RV Air Brakes, Suspension and Towing: April 16 – May 13, 2018