The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Fri Feb 23, 2018
RVDA’s Convention/Expo Committee is still looking for presentation proposals for workshops at the 2018 RV Dealers Convention/Expo Nov. 5 to 9 at Paris in Las Vegas. The workshops are intended to help RV dealers and dealership personnel to improve their business operations and achieve their professional development goals.
As the premier education event for RV dealers, more than 1,300 individuals from across North America attend the workshops presented during the five-day event. More than 260 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and dealership personnel from every department at an RV dealership.
The committee-selected workshops are held on Nov. 7 and Nov. 8. Compliance sessions are held Nov. 9. The committee reviews and selects sessions for the event's non-promotional workshops offered in these tracks:
• Fixed Operations (parts and service)
• Social Media/eMarketing
The selection committee welcomes submissions from "in-the-trenches" training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors, and others who support the RV industry. Individuals who can provide high-impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance are encouraged to respond.
Follow these steps to submit a proposal
1. Review the 2018 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee's vision for topics, submission guidelines, and selection criteria.
2. Identify topics that would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and can be effectively covered in the time allotted. The 2017 Convention/Expo program guide offers insight into the types of sessions presented at the event.
3. Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by March 5.
The convention/expo is a focused, well-targeted event aimed at the most influential dealers in the RV industry. RVDA dealership members account for more than 84 percent of the RV sales in the U.S. market and 90 percent in the Canadian market. More than 300 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and other management personnel.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA–The National RV Dealers Association, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center.The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2018, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
• Understanding, managing and engaging different personality profiles/types
• Exit strategies for dealers
• Social media and eMarketing—including new techniques and reaching millennials
• Selling—modern selling—beyond word tracks and scripts
• Setting up and managing mentoring and coaching programs
• Experiential/Immersive retailing
• Diversifying revenue streams
• Finding talent: Recruiting and hiring from other industries, and hiring and training veterans with "how to" for finding and using state and federal resources and funding
• Marketing channels: specific ideas with real-world examples
• Analysis of market trends with guidance on consolidations and online retailers
• Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting, and leading people
• Targeted content for Young RV Dealership Executives: leadership and management development
• 2019 compliance outlook
Direct questions about the call for workshop proposals to Karin Van Duyse by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-591-7130 ext. 108.
The 2018 convention will feature the Solution Center—an expo hall highlighting the RV industry’s top companies with products and services to help dealers improve profitability.
Exhibitors will have an opportunity to secure a time to present Vendor Training +Plus workshops Monday and Tuesday. These are proprietary or promotional presentations for product demos and discussion. For more information on Vendor Training +Plus, partnership, sponsorship, and exhibiting, contact Julie Newhouse at 703-591-7130 ext. 103 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.