The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Mon Mar 5, 2018
Applications for the Kindlund Family Scholarship are now available online through the Mike Molino RV Learning Center Scholarship Program. College undergraduates – who currently work in the RV industry or are a dependent of an RV industry employee - majoring in business, finance, engineering, accounting, or other RV Industry related fields are eligible to apply. The deadline to apply, with all required items submitted, is June 30.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
A $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2018-2019 school year. This will be the 28th scholarship provided under the program.
Dealers are encouraged to extend this opportunity to their dealership team because of their employment in the RV industry. Therefore, a primary factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV business after completing post-secondary education.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as free download from the RV Learning Center. To obtain an application, poster, or more information, CLICK HERE.
• Attend an accredited four-year college or university and be a rising sophomore, junior or senior undergraduate student as a condition of receiving the scholarship.
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400 point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
• Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form which is completed online at http://fafsa.ed.gov. If you need help on how to complete a FAFSA form, watch this video.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
All materials noted above must be received by the Learning Center no later than June 30. Dealer principals and their family and dependents are not eligible for the award.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Newt and Joanne Kindlund Family. The Kindlunds are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores—the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs.
For more information on the RV Learning Center, go to rvlearningcenter.com, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to (703) 591-0734. The RV Learning Center is a tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions may be tax deductible as charitable donations.