Thu Jun 28, 2018
Author: RV News Staff
The next in the series of RV Technician Distance Learning Courses focuses on RV Ranges and Cooktops and is set for July 9 through Aug. 5. The course -- RVTNC112.5 -- is online for the convenience of everyone who wants to enroll.
The second of the four LP appliances, the RV range is broken down into its two main components, the stove and oven, and each delineated further. Thermostat operation, as well as flame structure, is analyzed and studied. As with all LP appliances, safety precautions are continually emphasized. The importance of air to fuel ratios, applicable to all LP appliances, are identified and exemplified during this course.
After successful completion of this course the student will effectively be able to:
• Identify and interpret data plate information.
• Identify the types of ranges and cooktops.
• Explain range and cooktop installation requirements.
• Identify the types of ignition devices used in ranges and cooktops.
• Explain cooktop operation.
• Explain oven operation.
• Identify range and cooktop component parts and explain their usage.
• Identify proper propane pressure and explain its importance.
• Demonstrate how to check for propane leaks.
• Identify safety considerations associated with ranges and cooktops.
• Explain how to adjust air-fuel mixtures.
• Troubleshoot ranges and cooktops and identify causes of failures.
• Identify codes and standards.
ONLINE - From the comfort of your home or office.
$280 PER STUDENT
To register for the courses, click HERE; Click on "View Catalog" under "Center for Business and Industry (CBI). Then select "Technical and Trades." Search for the course and follow registration procedures. Call 610-861-5390 if you have any problems.
To purchase the required textbooks ($25.95, includes shipping), contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-303-2887.
• The course qualifies for 28 recertification hours
• Employees of PRVCA members will receive a 50% reimbursement on tuition and textbooks upon successful completion of the course.
• For more information, contact email@example.com or call 888-303-2887.