The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Jul 11, 2018
Author: RV News Staff
Go RVing's "Experiential Events" are happening throughout the summer and more are being added to the list. Dealers interested in participating by providing a unit for an experiential event can do so, which gets them more exposure for their product or dealership.
Go RVing’s experiential marketing plan continues to select events where the RV industry and lifestyle can reach new audiences. This year’s calendar includes music and food festivals, outdoor competitions, state fairs, and a mix of collegiate football games and Mexican National Team soccer games among many others.
Experiential displays are set up with two RVs for visitors to tour and get an in-person experience of what life in an RV is like. Guests are also invited to join in on games and giveaways as well as meet with staff on-site who can answer any questions.
RVs used at these events are generously provided by dealerships and manufacturers around the country. It’s only the beginning of July and Go RVing has had over 60,000 people tour RV displays with many more events still to come.
Some exciting upcoming events include air shows, state fairs and an appearance at the Summer X-Games. One addition to the calendar was the number of air shows included in experiential events this year, RVIA reports. Due to the success of last year’s presence at one event, Go RVing expanded to four this year to expose a different audience to the RV lifestyle.
Just recently, Go RVing was at the Warriors Over the Wasatch June 23 through 24 in Ogden, Utah, where more than 2,500 visitors toured the 2019 Forest River Sunseeker Type C Motorhome and the 2018 K-Z Escape Mini Travel Trailer that were present.
- July 14-15 - Great NE Air Show in Westover, Massachusetts.
- July 19-22 - Summer X-Games in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- July 20-22 - Bite of Seattle in Seattle, Washington.
- Aug 2-4 - Townsquare – WE Fest in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.
- Aug 29-Sept 3 - Nugget Rib Cook-Off in Reno, Nevada.
- Sept 7-9 - State Fair – Kansas in Hutchinson, Kansas.
- Sept 14-15 - Jekyll Island Shrimp & Grits Festival in Jekyll Island, Georgia.
- Sept 15-16 - Fiesta Patrias in Los Angeles, California.
- Sept 21-23 - California Capital Air Show in Sacramento, California.
- Oct 6-7 - Sweet Auburn Music Fest in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Oct 11-14 - State Fair – Texas in Dallas, Texas.
- Oct 18-21 - State Fair – North Carolina in Raleigh, North Carolina.
*More events to be added as dates are finalized.
Interested in participating by providing one of your units for an experiential event? For more information on getting more exposure for your product or dealership, contact Dana DelVecchio at firstname.lastname@example.org.