The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Aug 8, 2018
Author: RV News Staff
For any of the 9 million Americans who will go RVing this year one question they will ask is what exactly makes them an RVer? The RV and Motorhome Hall of Fame and Museum is now selling the answer in the form of the ultimate RV Joke Book "You Might Be A RVer If... RV Joke Book" by Mark and Katarina Koep. The title is a humorous look at the RV lifestyle and covers topics like shopping, packing, and driving a RV.
"The RV industry is absolutely booming but there are no books outside of travel guides directed at this audience," says Mark Koep, co-author with his GPS and wife, Katarina Koep. "We know they, RVers, read, and we know they laugh, so why not give them something that accomplishes both tasks?"
Just like the back half of the Walmart parking lot, this book is made just for RVers. A collection of some of the funniest RV jokes ever put in to print readers will now have an even better excuse to spend more time on the commode, the Koeps say.
For example you might be a RVer:
• If your RV cost more than your first house... and by the time the Fed is done your current house too!
• If you know to stay away from RV shows after the last incident of “only looking.”
• If you think the capital of the United States is Elkhart, Indiana.
• If you have disowned any friends or family that do not have full hookup access for your visits.
• If you have paid to have hookups installed because you really don't want to disown them.
• If they refused to allow you to pour a concrete parking lane across the grass so you changed your mind and disowned them anyways.
The 148-page paper back book is available for sale in the museum store with a retail price of $12.99.
"We are always on the lookout for unique items that speak to our visitors and share the joy and fun of RVing," says Connie Hart, museum coordinator. "This book is a perfect fit and we invite anyone passing through Elkhart to stop in learn more about the museum and RV industry and pick up their copy of the book."
"You Might Be a RVer If... RV Joke Book: Written by RVers for RVers" is available in paperback or digital download from BookPatch.com.