Tue Feb 12, 2019
Author: RV News Staff
RVIA named six finalists for the 2019 RV Technical Institute Top Tech Challenge. The event, on Wednesday, March 13, at 4 p.m., at RVX: The RV Experience, will pit six RV service technicians against each other in a winner-take-all competition. Techs will be competing for a $10,000 cash prize and the title of Top Tech Champion.
“The Top Tech Challenge is our industry’s way of promoting and rewarding skilled labor technicians in the market,” RV Technical Institute Executive Director Curt Hemmeler says. “These are unsung heroes and we applaud their efforts to keep millions of Americans on the road and enjoying the RV lifestyle.”
The finalists are currently employed as an RV Certified Technician and have a minimum of five years experience. Submissions were scored based on each technician’s completed application, years of experience, most recent RVDA/RVIA Certified Technician Exam score and certification expiration date.
The 2019 Top Tech Challenge finalists are:
- Aaron Bashore, shop foreman/lead tech at Tom Schaeffer’s Camping and Travel Center in Shoemakersville, Pa.
- Brandon Galbreath, service tech at D&N RV Service in Guntersville, Ala. He was the 2017 Top Tech Champion.
- Thomas Gordon, shop foreman/lead tech at Ocala Camping World in Ocala, Fla.
- John Larson, owner and operator at Nevada Mobile RV Service in Minden, Nev.
- Chris Page, service tech at Affinity RV in Prescott, Ariz.
- Bradley Wingfield, shop foreman at McClain’s RV Superstore in Corinth, Texas.