Tue Feb 26, 2019
Author: RV News Staff
RVDA’s Convention/Expo Committee is soliciting workshop proposals for the 2019 RV Dealers Convention/Expo, Nov. 11-15 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. RVDA expects more than 1,500 individuals from across North America to attend the workshops during the five-day event. Almost 300 U.S. and Canadian dealerships will be represented. The committee-selected workshops will be held Wednesday, Nov. 13 and- Thursday, Nov. 14. Compliance sessions will be held on Friday, Nov. 15.
The committee reviews and selects sessions for the event's non-promotional workshops offered in tracks covering F&I, sales, rental, dealer/GM, social media/e-marketing and fixed operations.
The selection committee welcomes submissions from “in-the-trenches” training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors and others who support the RV industry. RVDA encourages individuals who can provide high-impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance to respond.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA, RVDA of Canada and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center.
Here are the steps to submit proposals:
1. Review the 2019 RVDA Convention/Expo Call for Workshop Proposals website for insight on the committee's vision for topics, submission requirements.
2. Identify topics that would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and can be effectively covered in the time allotted. The 2018 Convention/Expo program guide offers insight into the types of sessions presented at the event.
3. Gather the required information and submit your proposal using the online portal by March 20, 2019.
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how-to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2019, the committee is looking for submissions that will address:
• Selling: beyond word tracks and scripts.
• Finding talent: recruiting and hiring from other industries, and hiring and training veterans with “how-to” for finding and using state and federal resources and funding.
• Marketing channels: specific ideas with real-world examples.
• Customer service: beyond the basics.
• Inventory management.
• Leadership and management training for department managers: motivating others, goal setting and leading people.
• Targeted content for Young RV Dealership Executives: leadership and management development.
• 2020 compliance outlook.
Please direct questions about the call for workshop proposals to Karin Van Duyse by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-591-7130 ext. 108.