The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Mon Mar 11, 2019
Author: RV News Staff
Applications for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center College Scholarship Program are now available online. College undergraduates currently working in the RV industry or are a dependent of an RV industry employee who is majoring in business, finance, engineering, accounting, or other RV Industry-related fields are eligible to apply. The application deadline is June 28.
A $2,500 award will be applied to the cost of tuition for the 2019-2020 school year. This will be the 29th scholarship provided under the program.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as a free download from the RV Learning Center. To obtain an application, poster, or more information, click here
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative grade point average, and a 1050 minimum SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400-point scale). A minimum ACT composite score of 22 is also acceptable.
• Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors in an accredited four-year college or university. Qualified applicants have completed their freshman year of college.
• Complete a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
• Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation.
Dealer principals, their family and dependents, are not eligible for the award.
The scholarship program is possible through the generosity of the Kindlund Family. Newt and the late Joanne Kindlund are the founders of Holiday RV Superstores, the first publicly-traded RV dealership. The Kindlunds sold the company in 1999. Newt Kindlund remains an active participant in RV industry affairs and currently serves on The RV Learning Center Board of Directors.