Horizon Global’s Reese brand releases its new Dual Cam II integrated weight distribution and sway control system.
Horizon Global said the Dual Cam II uses active sway control to provide among the highest towing safety levels. The Dual Cam design works continuously to help keep the trailer in a straight line behind the tow vehicle.
“The Dual Cam II builds off the remarkable success and effectiveness of the original Dual Cam,” said Malorie Dyda, product manager of Heavy-Duty Products at Horizon Global. “Reese has delivered the ultimate all-in-one weight distribution and sway control system, pro-actively helping to prevent trailer sway before it happens, thus providing a safer and more enjoyable towing experience. All the while, we simplified the installation process for installers and do-it-yourselfers with a ‘no drill, no chains’ set-up. It is the perfect match for today’s lighter and taller trailer frames.”
Dual Cam II comes in 6,000-pound, 8,000-pound and 12,000-pound weight ratings. The sway control system does not interfere with parking or backing up a trailer, Horizon Global said.
- An integrated weight distribution and sway control system for an all-in-one towing solution (shank not included; appropriately rated shank required)
- Fully automatic, active sway control system helps the trailer stay straight
- No-drill installation – the brackets bolt over trailer frame
- A pre-installed 2-5/16-inch hitch ball, torqued to proper specifications
- Trunnion-style spring bars for greater strength and heightened ground clearance
- Bolt-on brackets adjust to fit 4-inch to 7-inch trailer frames and work with both top- and bottom-mounted A-frame trailer couplers
- Zinc plating for superior rust and corrosion resistance
- A limited lifetime warranty
The 6,000-pound rated Dual Cam II has a 600-pound maximum tongue weight.
The 8,000-pound rated Dual Cam II has an 800-pound maximum tongue weight.
The 12,000-pound rated Dual Cam II has a 1,200-pound maximum tongue weight.
All three are compatible with trailer frames 4 to 7 inches high and 1.5 or 2 inches wide.
Reese is a towing solutions designer and manufacturer. The Reese line includes products offering a complete line of fifth wheel hitches, pin box solutions, weight distribution systems and towing accessories.