Lippert Components, Inc. is upgrading the powder coating formula for all chassis out of the Goshen, Indiana, and Middlebury, Indiana, locations, which serve all its OEM customers.
The change is a collaboration between Lippert and AkzoNobel. The powder coating technology and performance is the best AkzoNobel has to offer, according to Lippert.
Marc Grimes, product strategy senior vice president, said the coating is just one example of Lippert’s dedication to improving quality. Matt Moreland, regional operations manager, called the coating an exciting step forward in improving Lippert’s chassis.
“It is just one more step in making the RV experience better,” Moreland said.
The Road Defense powder coating formula provides a more uniform density and gives the chassis more protection against the elements. It endured rigorous testing to ensure strength, durability and resistance to corrosion, fading, weathering, humidity and more. The coating features a sleek, modernized appearance.
There are several new powder coating characteristics that set it apart, including its texture instead of the traditional high-gloss black. Other key features and benefits include:
- Three times more resilient to salt spray and humidity
- Five times improved weathering for reduced fading and chalking
- Two times more resistant to chipping and cracking
- Four times more uniformed coverage for increased protection and performance
- Three times heavier coating for improved durability and reduced touch-ups
- Enhanced cyclic corrosion score to withstand harsh weather environments
The Road Defense chassis powder coating will be introduced early in the first quarter.