RVDA is transitioning the RV Dealer Convention/Expo to an online event, set to take place November 9-20, 2020. The virtual convention will provide educational workshops and Vendor Training Plus sessions and will offer an interactive exhibit hall packed with vendor solutions.
“We’ve been monitoring the situation obviously in Las Vegas and around country as far as room capacity at the convention facilities, and obviously we’re very concerned about the travel restrictions,” said RVDA President Phil Ingrassia. “It just became impractical to try to plan a live event.”
Ingrassia said RVDA’s board of directors met via virtual conference and decided to pivot to an online format.
“It was not an easy decision, but it’s the necessary decision at this time,” Ingrassia said.
REGISTRATION OPENS IN EARLY SEPTEMBER
Dealer registration opens in early September, with options to register individuals as well as multiple personnel. Registration will give dealers access to the archived sessions until January 31, 2021. Additional information will follow via email, digital newsletters and through RVDA’s website.
“We’re going to do whatever we can to make it as accessible and as flexible for attendees as we can,” Ingrassia said. “I think the board is very cognizant of fact that people are very busy and are not going to be able to devote three days to a workshop. That’s why we’re spreading this available in an archive format.”
The two-week program will include a keynote speech by author and business consultant Jay Baer, tracked workshops and virtual networking opportunities. Virtual content will include:
- Leadership Development and Human Resources
- Social Media/Digital Marketing/Business Development
- Fixed Operations Excellence/Improving Repair Event Cycle Time
- 2020 Tax Implications of Paycheck Protection Program and other Government Loans
- Building F&I Income . . . and more!
The online platform also offers promotional opportunities, including:
- Partners: Opportunity to have targeted branding positioned throughout the RV Dealers Convention/Expo virtual portal and premium virtual exhibitor placement.
- Vendor Training Plus+: Opportunity to host scheduled virtual sessions about company’s content and provide attendees with in-depth product or service information, case studies, educational demos, or other related topic.
- Special Sponsor Pages: Personalized, engaging and dedicated content portal for companies to showcase their solutions and connect with attendees.
- Virtual Exhibit Booths: Use dedicated interactive space to feature products and services to reach dealers during the digital event.
- Featured Advertising: Available throughout the platform.
Vendors interested in partnership, sponsorship or exhibition opportunities should contact Julie Newhouse.
The RV Dealers Convention/Expo features six education tracks to address different aspects of dealership operations. The tracks include dealer/GM, sales, fixed operations, F&I, and social media/eMarketing/BDC. Convention curriculum is designed specifically for RV dealership professionals.
“One of the tenets of the convention is to provide information to help dealers prospers and also form better business relationships with their vendors,” Ingrassia said. “We really want to have a way to allow dealers in the industry to come together, even though it is virtually, at a time when we all need to plan for the success for 2021.”