Virtual training sessions abound as the new year gets underway, the RV Learning Center stated. As in-person opportunities are not easily available right now, the center stated digital training provided a “safe and cost-effective way” to educate essential dealership personnel.
Current training offerings include:
Service Writer/Advisor (SWA) Online Course Offered Through the RV Learning Center
The Mike Molino RV Learning Center’s Service Writer/Advisor (SWA) Online Course provides critical front-line dealership personnel with foundational skills they need to create loyal customers and help improve repair event cycle time (RECT). The SWA Online Course includes instruction on:
- Improving customer satisfaction
- Organizing and managing appointments and workflow
- Generating additional services and revenue
- Coordinating with technicians and other departments
- Administrating and operating effectively
- Building trust and rapport
The course includes a timed, comprehensive final assessment that will help service writers/advisors to achieve professional certification through the RV Learning Center, for a separate fee. The per-person course registration fee is $150. To learn more about the fully interactive course and view a course demo, visit the RV Learning Center website www.rvlearningcenter.com.
FRVTA Distance Learning Network
The Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA) and Mike Molino RV Learning Center partner to provide online video-based training for dealership personnel through FRVTA’s Distance Learning Network (DLN). A one-year subscription to the program costs $995 per dealership location. A discount is given for multiple dealerships of five or more.
Educational courses offered through the DLN include:
- Level 1 Training – Covers propane, electricity, plumbing, and PDI. This matches the Level One content produced by the RV Technical Institute. This is a foundational course and is a prerequisite to Level 2 Training.
- Level 2 Training – Covers water heaters, furnaces, ranges/cooktops, refrigerators, air conditioners, generators, brakes, suspension, towing, hydraulics, and RV body. This matches the Level Two content produced by the RV Technical Institute.
- Advanced-Manufacturer Specific Classes
- Service Advisor
- RV Receptionist Class
For more information visit: http://rvtraining.fgc.edu/.
PRVCA Offers Advanced F&I Training
Protective Asset Protection’s Paul Sheldon will offer the webinar “Advanced F&I Training: Getting to 80%” from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET Jan. 21. The program is free for Pennsylvania RV & Camping Association (PRVCA) members and $25 for non-members.
The webinar will cover steps dealerships can take to move closer to the 80 percent service agreement penetration goal. Topics include keys to developing a process that unlocks the door to greater sales and steps to make sure every customer understands that a service contract will enhance their ownership experience. The deadline to register is Jan. 15. For more information, click here.