Applications for the Mike Molino RV Learning Center college scholarship program are now available. The scholarship is for RV dealership employees, or their dependents, who are undergraduates majoring in business, finance, accounting or other RV-related fields. The $2,500 award must be applied to tuition for the 2020-2021 school year. Dealer principals and their families and dependents are not eligible. Applications must be received by July 7.
The program helps foster the next generation of RV industry leaders. This will be the 30th scholarship awarded since the program’s inception. Joanne and Newt Kindlund, co-founders of Holiday RV Superstores, made this scholarship possible.
“Joanne was very passionate about the importance of education in enhancing our lives,” Newt Kindlund said. “We were both extremely proud to have been able to offer this program to our RVDA members.”
Kindlund remains active in RV industry affairs and is a director emeritus on the Learning Center’s board of directors.
Dealers should inform their employees about this opportunity. A primary factor for awarding the scholarship is an applicant’s background of RV industry employment or a desire to work in the RV business after graduation.
• Have a 2.8 or better cumulative GPA and a minimum 1050 SAT score (1575 minimum on the 2400-point scale. A minimum ACT composite score of 22 also qualifies.
• Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior in an accredited four-year college or university.
• Provide a 500-word essay on their goals and objectives for college and career.
• Submit a copy of their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form, which is completed online here.
• Demonstrate the ability and willingness to fund a portion of their educational expenses on their own.
• Submit a fully completed application with supporting documentation.
Posters publicizing the scholarship are available as a free download from the RV Leaning Center. To obtain a scholarship application, poster, or for more information, click here.
For more information on the Mike Molino RV Learning Center, click here.