RVIA supplier members are being called to submit new products for a chance to be recognized as the “best of the best” in the RV aftermarket.
At the upcoming 2021 RV Aftermarket Conference, the association will announce which company’s single product will win the “Aftermarket Product of the Year Award.” An RV parts and accessories expert panel will review all submitted products. The winner is slated to be revealed Aug. 10 at the association’s Atlanta conference, scheduled Aug. 9-12.
Members are encouraged to submit any new product that was introduced to the aftermarket between Q4 2019 and Q2 2021. Submissions are free and will close June 25.
RVIA stated judges will assess submissions based on the following criteria:
- Innovation: The product was developed with new features that meet “real and present” unmet market demands with RV consumers, in a way other products have not done previously. The product addresses unmet market demand in a way that is unique and distinct with significant, measurable value.
- Attraction: The product has desirable features or qualities which invoke a high level of consumer interest and/or solves a significant problem for a need that drives retail sales.
- Endurance: The product’s material components, design and construction/assembly have easily recognizable qualities that create product life-cycle longevity.
- Value: The product’s usage and high-impact results inspire repetitive consumer purchases over time and/or spark consumers to recommend the product as a “leading solution” for the product’s intended purpose, in a way that separates the product from other solutions.
- Visibility: The product shows an ability for consumers to easily discover, identify and engage with the item. It is attractively packaged to enhance RV retailer’s ability to increase inventory turns through merchandising and marketing.
- Usability: Consumer’s overall experience using the product is enhanced with instructions and/or other digital or printed applications conveyed in a simple way. The product is easy to use and RV consumers are “highly satisfied” with the product’s performance.
Interested companies can submit a product here.