The COVID-19 pandemic has affected international travel, with Europe imposing restrictions on travel from the U.S. Because of the challenges with international travel, the U.S. Commercial Service in Düsseldorf launched the Trade Show Booth Staffing Program to help U.S. exhibitors for upcoming trade fairs held in Düsseldorf, Germany, including Caravan Salon, Valve World Expo and Wire 2020.
Corporate travel policies, government restrictions and quarantine requirements have made participation at trade fairs increasingly complex. If U.S. exhibitors cannot staff their booth but want to keep their brand positioned internationally and not miss business opportunities, the U.S. Commercial Service will find, train and monitor professional representatives at trade fairs in Düsseldorf. Their office has a long history of hiring articulate, motivated professionals to assist companies, explain product details and collect business contact information from current and future business partners at trade fairs.
The U.S. Commercial Service staff will:
- Find a qualified, professional representative to staff exhibit booth
- Meet individually, virtually or in-person, with the representative to ensure quality standards, train on proper business contact etiquette, discuss the exhibiting firm’s products and review trade fair schedule/administrative matter
- Visit the representative at least once during the trade fair
- Check-in with the representative at the beginning/end of each trade fair day
- Collect business cards from the representative on the last day of the show, discuss any key interactions, flag contacts for follow-up, scan business cards and send to home office
Fees will be collected for
- Direct Payment to the representative
- Commercial Service fee, depending on company size. Commercial service fees are $600 for a small U.S. company, $1,400 for a medium U.S. company and $1,800 for a large U.S. company.
To determine company size, click here and scroll to the bottom for an explanation)
Click here for more information about the U.S. Commercial Service Trade Show Staffing Support Program.