Indiana manufacturers are being called to nominate businesses and individuals who have made “exceptional contributions” to the state’s manufacturing industry.
The Indiana Manufacturers Association (IMA) will recognize winners and nominees of its 2021 Manufacturing Excellence Awards at the association’s Hall of Fame luncheon Oct. 14, held in Indianapolis.
The awards are open to all Indiana-based manufacturers, including active companies and individuals in the industry. Self-nominations are encouraged, IMA stated. The submission window will close Sept. 3.
Those interested can nominate industry members here. Award nominations are open in the following stated categories:
- Manufacturing Talent Champion – Recognizes an individual or company that works to bring focus to the need of attracting Indiana’s next generation manufacturing workforce.
- Emerging Leader – This award honors a new manufacturing individual who has been involved in the industry for less than 10 years. The Emerging Leader award is given to someone for “exceptional contributions” to the industry and the potential for future accomplishments within Indiana manufacturing. The award also signifies distinguished service to IMA and other professional organizations, as well as the pursuit of continued professional development and participation in community and civic affairs.
- Community Impact – The Community Impact award recognizes a manufacturing company that has shown “exemplary leadership” in serving its community or state. The winning applicant will have demonstrated a strong commitment to community service, as reflected in their company policy, resources and employee participation, as well a strong relationship with the IMA.
- Innovation Excellence – This award recognizes a company that introduced “noteworthy” innovations to advance the industry. This award showcases a company that not only has brought an innovative concept to market, IMA stated, but has developed and maintained a culture focused on engaging the workforce to “bring new ideas to life.”
- Lifetime Achievement – This award honors an individual who has excelled in the manufacturing industry. This individual has worked in the manufacturing industry for the majority of their career and has made significant contributions to their company, industry, community, the IMA and other professional organizations.