The blue windmill keeps turning. Dutchmen RV is celebrating its 35th anniversary with its 2023 model year.
The anniversary is especially important, Dutchmen President Kyle Kwasny said, because recently the industry has seen many RV brands come and go. Being around year after year helps establish customer and dealer trust, he said.
In 1991, Dutchmen was the first OEM acquired by Thor.
“Our longevity, as well as being part of Keystone and Thor, gives customers a tremendous amount of peace of mind for service, warranty and aftersales support,” Kwasny said. “Between Keystone and Thor, the company has a network over 1,500 dealerships that can efficiently service customers’ RVs.”
To commemorate the anniversary, Dutchmen will roll out a special package on the majority of its 2023 models. The package and new lines will be unveiled at Elkhart Extravaganza next week.
“This package contains high-value, high-impact items,” said Josh Staley, Dutchmen product manager for Voltage, Triton and Yukon. “We will pass on the savings to customers and dealers to help celebrate our 35th anniversary.”
The 35th anniversary package includes:
- The Dutchmen Solo OneControl Command System: The Lippert In-command automation system can be used via phone or tablet to remotely control lights, slide outs, awnings and auto-level stabilizer jacks on fifth wheels. The app will notify consumers of recalls or service updates for their RVs.
- Slide out toppers: To prevent debris and leaks into slide outs, helping consumers protect their investment.
- A 60,000 BTU tankless water heater, enabling consumers to have on-demand hot water.
- A rear camera: Consumers can monitor their rear view for safer driving.
- Keyless entry door: Consumers can type in numbers on a keypad to unlock their RV door.
“Dutchmen was founded on a unique premise of bundling a lot of things together to get some very competitive pricing,” Staley said. “We are trying to go back to those roots of value and bundling.”
Each Dutchmen brand will unveil new 2023 features and new floorplans at Open House.
Voltage will feature a complete interior and exterior redesign, with new graphics, wood colors and interiors. The brand will roll out a limited-edition, “completely unique” full-body wrap for about 50 RVs, Staley said.
“We have a lot of partners and dealerships who have been with us for the last 35 years and we certainly want to say thank you to all of them,” Kwasny said. “Manufacturers have come and gone. We hope our longevity with these partners would mean something, that they would know we have been around a long time and we will be around for much longer in the future.”