Garmin unveiled two tablet-like navigators last week at CES 2023 in Las Vegas, Nevada, which were redesigned for RV adventurers.
The 8-inch and 10-inch RV895 and RV1095 navigators’ internal features have been updated to help RVers maneuver through city streets and find interesting locations along the way in any size RV or towable.
“We are excited to offer our very best in navigation for camping enthusiasts,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Find the best places to stop along your route, access real-time parking and shower availability at popular travel centers and enjoy vivid satellite map views upon arrival to easily see the best route for maneuvering your RV.”
Garmin Senior Product Manager Eric Miller said the navigators will consider any size RV or towable combination and create individual travel plans. Once the vehicle’s dimensions are saved into the device as a profile, the system can create customized routes and save multiple profiles for future use.
“We can route you a way that can be safe for your vehicle type,” Miller said. “We want to make it easy for RVers to just go out there and focus on having fun… to go make meomories with their family and let us take the stress out of it.”
The RV895 and RV1095 features include:
- Pre-loaded traveler information, including a U.S. national parks directory, Ultimate Public Campgrounds content, KOA campgrounds, Tripadvisor traveler ratings and Foursquare interesting places.
- Travel plaza loyalty points and rewards from participating providers across the U.S., including Pilot Travel Centers LLC, can be displayed on the navigator when paired with the Garmin Drive smartphone app.
- Map updates of North America are included, with coverage of the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas.
- Trip planning made easy through the Garmin Drive app, allowing travelers to plot courses prior to departure.
- Garmin Voice Assist to control the navigator with a voice, while built-in Bluetooth technology gives the user the ability to make and take calls hands-free when the navigator is paired with the Garmin Drive app.
- Receive real-time traffic information, weather, fuel prices and smart notifications when paired with the Garmin Drive app.
Miller said having great navigation is important with different RV types. The customized routing alerts drivers about upcoming bridge heights, weight limits, sharp curves, school zones and steep grades.
“We take it all into account,” he said. Using BirdsEye satellite imagery, the navigators display aerial views for most addresses and locations, including campgrounds and RV parks.
He said there are many RVers who have that “white nuckle expereince,” where that last little mile down the road is the nerve-wracking zone, where drivers get thensleves into trouble. The satellite imagery alleviates the anxiety because drivers can plan their arrival early.
“You can tap on the map and have the navigator take you exactly where you want to go instead of guessing,” Miller said.
Most RVers are going on an adventure and the navigators are set up to help drivers find the best things to see along the way, he said.
The RV895 and RV1095 are available online at retailers nationwide.
“We want to make it easy for RVers to just go out there and focus on having fun…to go make meomories with their family and let us take the stress out of it,” Miller said