Go RVing found a “silver lining” after an unprecedented 2020 by winning a Silver Reggie Award, an industry recognition highlighting best brand activation marketing campaigns.
The “Go on a Real Vacation” campaign proved to be award-winning in its first year. The marketing initiative spotlighted couples’ weddings and honeymoons that were cancelled or postponed because of the pandemic. Go RVing earned an Association of National Advertisers (ANA) Reggie Award in the “Age Targeted Marketing” category for the initiative.
The awards originally were deemed “Reggie” to symbolize results that come from “making the cash register ring” with consumers. More than 200 judges at the VP or expert level score each entry based on the following criteria:
- Is the strategy in line with the specified insights and goals?
- What is the level of concept originality?
- How well were the materials integrated and activation executed?
- How strong were the results, and did they achieve business objectives(volume/share/profit)?
- How well did the activation build the brand and align with the overall brand strategy?
Go RVing’s VP of brand marketing, Karen Redfern, is a member of ANA’s Master Circle and was selected as a judge for the second-round entrants in the “Partnership Marketing” category. Go RVing is an ANA member.
ANA represented more than 800 client-side marketers who represent an estimated 20,000 brands and collectively spend $400 billion annually in marketing and advertising. ANA’s Reggie Awards were presented in a virtual ceremony May 21.