Jayco launched its new Overlander EXT Modular Power Management package. The factory-installed package will be an option on 2022 North Point and Pinnacle fifth wheels and the Seismic and Seismic Alpha toy haulers.
The Overlander EXT expands on the Overlander II optional package introduced in the 2021 model year.
“We set out to provide the ultimate power experience for our customers,” stated Mike Aplin, director of product development – luxury fifth wheels, “and I believe we have succeeded. This has been a true team effort to bring this system to market.”
The Overlander EXT package includes six Renogy 200-watt solar panels, six 12-volt, 100-amp-hour lithium-iron phosphate batteries, a 3,000-watt pure sine wave inverter/charger with 50-amp bypass, a 100-amp charge controller and 600-amp battery monitor.
The package was developed by Jayco in conjunction with Renogy and Dehco Electronics. The Overlander EXT will be displayed at the Hershey RV Show in booth A9 and in the Jayco display at Elkhart Extravaganza.
The Overlander EXT package offers some additional features like:
- Factory installed and backed by a two-year warranty
- Increased efficiency from a Turbo Air 2 12-volt, 13,500 BTU air conditioner
- Internally heated batteries to allow for extreme cold weather operation
- Generator option for an additional modular power source
- Lower cost than aftermarket installation
- Easily accessible components
All Jayco travel trailers, fifth wheels and toy haulers now come with either optional solar packages or solar prep.