The National RV Training Academy (NRVTA) bestowed five Champion Awards Aug. 21 at the Texas RV Association’s (TRVA) 48th annual convention.
The awards recognized the recipients’ partnership with the academy and its mission to train certified RV technicians and inspectors. The 2022 Champion Awards were presented by NRVTA President Terry Cooper and Director of Administration Stephanie Henson.
“We call this the Champion Award because it best describes the deserving people who receive it,” Cooper said. “Not only are they champions of our mission at NRVTA, they have also championed the RV industry in general by making significant contributions to its long-term success.”
The awards were given to:
- Fred Petrivelli, Keystone Automotive Operations vice president of sales. Keystone is the parent company of NTP-Stag. This was the second time the company was honored by NRVTA for its donations of RV appliances and other equipment for use in the academy’s hands-on training labs.
- Jay Vaarre, Dometic’s service division director of business. Vaare was recognized for sending multiple students through NRVTA training programs before deploying graduates as mobile service technicians.
- Ken and Cara Boggs, with Texas dealership Amazing RVs, who sent several technicians to NRVTA basic and advanced training courses.
- Rob Boyer, an Alliance RV staff member and service liaison. Boyer worked with NRVTA to develop a customer empowerment program to provide basic technical training to Alliance RV owners.
- Kevin White, TRVA president, who was honored for his long-term commitment to NRVTA. The association endorsed TRVA as a training provider.
Cooper commended the recipients for their support of NRVTA’s staff and students.
“Without the steadfast commitment of these individuals, NRVTA would not be able to provide quality training at the level our students need and have come to expect,” Cooper said. “It takes much support to consistently deliver exceptional training programs to an industry demanding better-educated professional technicians and inspectors.
More than 100 dealers and suppliers as well as finance and insurance professionals attended the four-day TRVA convention.
View the Champion Award Recipients video.