The upcoming RVDA Convention/Expo will offer several workshops to help dealerships drive sales and thrive in the current market, RVDA said.
The Convention/Expo will take place Nov. 6-10, 2023, at Paris Las Vegas.
Convention sales workshops, including an in-depth supersession, will help dealership professionals to perfect the art of the sale, RVDA said.
From 9:30-11:45 a.m. Nov. 7, Theresa Syer will present the supersession “How RV Dealership Managers Can: Drive Customer Experience (CX), Obtain Buy-In from Your Teams, Sustain the CX Program, and Prevent Old Habits from Returning.”
Today’s RV dealerships know good customer service is no longer good enough. To thrive, they need to deliver a more robust customer experience through experiential service. During the workshop, attendees will learn:
- What a CX program involves for management
- Insights and techniques to effectively roll out a CX Program
- A plan to position your dealership with a higher level of emotional service delivery that creates customer loyalty, advocacy, and enhanced profits to the bottom line
Later that afternoon, from 1:15-2:15 p.m., RVIA’s Jeremy Greene and Monika Geraci will discuss “Pitching Local TV and Telling Your Dealership’s Story.”
Nearly 90% of Americans are satisfied with the coverage of local news in their community, and 83% find local TV and radio news coverage to be most trustworthy. With this captive, trusting audience, RVIA said there is an incredible opportunity for RV dealers to reach potential customers through earned local media. During the workshop, attendees will learn:
- How to identify the right media outlets and craft the perfect pitch
- How to harness other earned media opportunities such as radio and print
- What messages will resonate with news outlets
From 10-11 a.m. Nov. 8, Syer returns to present “Supercharge Your Employee Experience to Retain Top Performers & Drive Results.”
Employees are the foundation of customer experience. If the employee experience suffers, the customer experience suffers as well. During the workshop, attendees will learn:
- What employees desire today after the many changes and disruptions
- What drives an excellent employee experience
- How to define and build an engaging employee experience
From 2-3 p.m. Nov. 8, Trader Interactive will host an industry expert panel to look at “The 2023 Path to Purchase: Insights into Today’s RV Buyer.”
As the RV industry sees slower growth and economic uncertainty arises, now more than ever, understanding current RV buyer trends is crucial in driving consumers down your dealership’s path to purchase. Is your dealership ready to enter 2024 with a data-backed sales strategy based on real RV buyers’ preferences? During the workshop, attendees will learn:
- Insights into consumer research, shopping, and purchase trends through data from in-market RV consumers
- How to overcome current challenges facing the industry, including consumer pain points
- How to utilize the data presented in your 2024 sales strategy
From 3:15-4:15 p.m. Nov. 8, David Spader will host the workshop “High Performing Sales Managers.” Join Spader as he helps attendees better understand how to hire, develop and manage a sales manager.
Attendees will learn what can be taught and what must come from internal motivation. Spader will share results from an in-depth study looking at the predictors of success and satisfaction in the role. During this workshop, attendees will learn:
- The differences between higher-performing sales managers versus lower performers
- Gain the ability to identify the key factors to develop to create higher performers
- How to identify high-performing sales manager motivators that can’t be trained
- How to use a new tool (Service Manager Fit Tool) to evaluate current and future sales managers