After RV values dipped in July, according to Black Book, motorhome values hit an all-time high in August. Towables came in $51 short of setting a similar record, but still reached the second highest level ever recorded.
“Just when it was starting to look like the RV market was beginning to settle in for the fall, the values of units sold at auction decided to throw us a curveball and head substantially higher,” said Eric Lawrence, Black Book principal analyst of specialty markets. “Dealers around the country have told us that they are so low on inventory that they are paying whatever it takes to keep vehicles on their lots, even if their new/used mix leans heavier towards the used side than usual.”
For Motorhomes (including type A, B, and C):
- Average selling price was $56,259, up $7,797 (16.1 percent) from the previous month.
- In August 2019, the average selling price was $44,219.
- Auction volume was up 5 percent from the previous month. The average model year was 2013.
For Towables (including travel trailers and fifth wheels):
- Average selling price was $18,240, up $1,230 (7.2 percent) from the previous month.
- In August 2019, the average selling price was $15,935.
- Auction volume was down 9 percent from the previous month. The average model year was 2013.